To promote scientific exchange among health care professionals in oncology, cytotoxic therapy and its impact on the oral environment.
The Society provides a multidisciplinary forum for scientists and clinicians to focus on:
- Concepts associated with oral consequences of antineoplastic therapy
- Novel strategies germane to cancer research
- Educational pursuits related to cancer and cancer therapy oral morbidity
- Scientific diversity through collaboration
2013-2015 Board of Directors
President: Richard Logan, BDS, MDS, PhD, FFOP (Australia)
Immediate Past President: Michael Brennan, DDS, MHS (USA)
President Elect: Ourania Nicolatou-Galitis, DDS, MSc, Dr Dent (Greece)
Treasurer: Janet Fulton, PhD, RN (USA)
Secretary: Elvira Correa, DDS, PhD (Brazil)
VP of Communications: Allan Hovan, DMD, MSD, (FRCD) (Canada)
Members at large: Raj Nair, MSc, PhD, MRACDS (Australia), Christine Boers-Doets, RN, MSc (Netherlands)
MASCC Liaison: Joel Epstein, DMD, MSD, FRCD C (USA)
ISOO Liaison: Fred Spijkervet, DMD, PhD (Netherlands)
We would like to acknowledge and sincerely thank Debbie McGuire, Sharon Elad and Karis Cheng (outgoing Board members) for their years of service to the ISOO Board.
ISOO Newsletter Oct 2014 ( PDF, 1.9 MB)
ISOO Newsletters archive
A summary of the prevalence of the oral complications reviewed as well as the management recommendations:
Summary of the Oral Complications Systematic Reviews ( PDF, 140 KB)
Management Recommendations - Summary of Evidence Table ( PDF, 64 KB)
Evidence-Based Management Strategies for Oral Complication from Cancer Treatment - ( PDF, 4.7 MB)
International Conference: Oral Complications of Emerging Cancer Therapies April 14-15, 2009 Bethesda, Maryland USA Report authored by Jean Klastersky ( PDF, 100 KB) MD Professor, University of Brussels Chief of Medicine Service, Institut Jules Borde Brussels, Belgium.
ISOO Membership Benefits:
- ISOO membership connects you to an international group of professionals who share your interest in oral oncology. The annual MASCC/ISOO conferences have provided a basis for cooperation between members, cancer centers, countries and continents.
- Many collaborative projects have been launched through this meeting; most recently the Oral Care Study Group systematic reviews of oral side-effects of cancer therapy which have gone on to publication in the Journal of Supportive Care.
- ISOO members will have free access to the ISOO CE session held during the MASCC/ISOO Annual Symposium.
- ISOO members will continue to receive ISOO newsletters which (a) highlight upcoming meetings of interest (b) describe the ongoing work of MASCC and ISOO-led study groups and (c) connect ISOO members to each other in a fun and informal way, creating the ISOO family that we all enjoy.
Oral Care Study Group
The Oral Care Study Group's (OCSG) new project focused on chronic graft versus host disease (cGVHD) was launched. >>Read More
MASCC Study Group Chairs Lead First of it's Kind Study in Oral Complications of Radiotherapy
Oral Care Surveys
Mouth Cancer Foundation
National Cancer Institute information on Oral Mucositis
ISOO Logo Toolkit