To promote scientific exchange among health care professionals in oncology, cytotoxic therapy and its impact on the oral environment.
The Society provides a multidisciplinary forum for scientists and clinicians to focus on:
- Concepts associated with oral consequences of antineoplastic therapy
- Novel strategies germane to cancer research
- Educational pursuits related to cancer and cancer therapy oral morbidity
- Scientific diversity through collaboration
The Genesis and Milestones of ISOO
ISOO Membership Benefits:
- ISOO membership connects you to an international group of professionals who share your interest in oral oncology. The annual MASCC/ISOO conferences have provided a basis for cooperation between members, cancer centers, countries and continents.
- Many collaborative projects have been launched through this meeting; most recently the Oral Care Study Group systematic reviews of oral side-effects of cancer therapy which have gone on to publication in the Journal of Supportive Care.
- ISOO members will have free access to the ISOO CE session held during the MASCC/ISOO Annual Symposium.
- ISOO members will continue to receive ISOO newsletters which (a) highlight upcoming meetings of interest (b) describe the ongoing work of MASCC and ISOO-led study groups and (c) connect ISOO members to each other in a fun and informal way, creating the ISOO family that we all enjoy.
Leadership - 2015-2017 Board of Directors
President: Ourania Nicolatou-Galitis, DDS, MSc, Dr Dent (Greece)
Immediate Past President and ISOO Representative: Richard Logan, BDS, MDS, PhD, FFOP (Australia)
President Elect: Allan Hovan, DMD, MSD, (FRCD) (Canada)
Treasurer: Janet Fulton, PhD, RN (USA)
Secretary: Elvira Correa, DDS, PhD (Brazil)
Vice-President of Communications: Rui Amaral Mendes, DMD, PhD (Portugal)
Members at large: Raj Nair, MSc, PhD, MRACDS (Australia)
MASCC Representative: Rajesh Lalla, DDS, PhD, CCRP, DABOM
Mouth Cancer Foundation
National Cancer Institute information on Oral Mucositis
ISOO Logo Toolkit